Sunday, 15 November 2009

Shooting Weekend


It is sunday night and we have just finished filming. It has been a tiring weekend but also a lot of fun! We started filming friday night and I'm glad that we did as it took the pressure of for the next two days. By the end of saturday we had shot most of our film and only had one location left to do.

Saturday morning was the scene that I was most worried about because we had to film inside Treds (shoe shop) in town but I was aware that we needed to be quite quick about it, so that we were out of the shop before it got busy. Luckily the shop assistants were very friendly and helpful towards us, so we managed to get all the shots we needed.

Despite the weather forecast, it was a blue sky at first and we couldn't believe our luck. However, we could see rain clouds coming! Mid shoot the rain got quite heavy so we had to get out all our umbrellas out and do our best to protect the equipment. However, it got too heavy at one point so we had to go under s shelter while the rain settled and then we continued filming. We all felt that the rain worked quite well with our film anyway because it added to the mood.

Today we shot the last two scenes up at the changing rooms at uni. This is our key scene in the film so we wanted to shoot it right. We took a little extra time so that we could get a variety of angles so that when we come to edit it we have a good choice of what to use. Some extra ideas sprang upon us during filming too which I think work well and will help create more suspense.

Overall I feel really happy with the way the weekend went. I think that we worked great as a team and everyone took on their particular roles well. Evie, our actress also did really well and she was very patient when we told her to re shoot things over and over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment