Friday, 23 October 2009

Shoes


We have been given a script called 'What would you do for a pair a shoes?'and now have to re write it. We were given a week to come up with our interpretation of the script and how we would like to change it. I spent a lot of time thinking about the writers meaning and a story which would really engage the viewer. After a long hard think I came up with an idea, but unfortunately although I liked it, I think it was realistically too complicaed in the short space of time we have to convey it. In the end we came up with a good story as a group. It took a while going backwards and forwards with rough ideas but I think we have a pretty solid idea now which we can take into production.

When deciding what roles we wanted to take on for the pracical film making, no one was very demanding so it was nice as we were able to distribute the roles fairly . We all generally picked different roles, except for editing where pretty much all of us want to have a go.
I am producer, so my main roles are to remain organised through out production so that I can makesure the rest of the team know what they're doing. Once the script has been re wrote and we have a storyboard I will need to write up a shooting schedule. I will also be in charge of finding locations where we can shoot which should be interesting. I think it could be tricky at times when it comes slightly out of my control. For example, we need a shoe shop that we can film inside, so I will have to contact a shop and hope they say yes. I will also be working closeley with the director on the visual style of the film, which I am looking forward to.

I think because we are planning our film out clearly now it will be a lot easier come shooting weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment